Thursday, February 25, 2010

NO sugar

So last time I did the Jillian Michales workout you are supposed to go a month with no sugar!! HAHA I know hysterical right. You also are not to eat fast food..But I am just challenging the sweets..if you want to try the fast food too whoo hoo...Well last time I lasted 10 days. SOooo since it looks like Jeremy is on track to win a trip this summer I needed some motivation. I figure if I post it and anyone else wants to join it holds me more accountable...at least to myself. So I started on Sunday and so far four days with no sugar (you can have natural sugars like fruits etc..just not processed ) some of my friends are starting for the month of March..want to try it.. Can you curb your addiction(or mine!!) to sweets, donuts, cookies, kids fruit snacks(so gross but they are there!) for just one month?? Starting for the month of March

8 comments:

Kathryn and Danny Lange said...

I've been wanting to give up sugar too, but I keep finding excuses to start tomorrow, or next week. But with a little support, maybe March can be my magical month too.

Julie and Nate said...

That sounds like a great idea... I'm just not sure I would eat anything at all if I gave up sugar. Yeah, I'm that bad. BTW, the other day I was going over my blog list when I realized that I hadn't sent you an invite... I'm so sorry!! Thanks for being patient with me.

Angela said...

I did it from middle of January to Middle of April. It was hard but I made it and lost 15 pounds! Go me! Good luck...you can do it!!!

Angela said...

Ok, I so meant to say the middle of February. I am an idiot! :)

Dink said...

K I will try it too, hopefully I can do it for more than a week!!!

Tara said...

I'm gonna have to pass on this one -- the sugar addiction is far to great at my house! I do need to start doing something about it soon though...that chubby mom bum I'm getting isn't so cute anymore!
Good luck!!! I'll be thinking of you as I make cookies this morning!

feetee said...

I'm down! I'll totally try it! And I'll try the no fast food- Stan & I started collecting the nutritional charts from the fast food places we go & some of them are unreal- 1000 calories+!! I'll just be calling you everyday "so I really want this candy bar" haha

Kale and Rowdy said...

So....I thought this was a really good idea. And my sugar intake is through the roof (like I frequently eat sugar in place of actual meals, it's THAT bad). And then I ate some jollly ranchers followed quicky by a few bites of ice cream at 9 this morning and realized it was March 1st--the day I intended to try not to consume sugar. So I guess I've already failed. Oh well. I blame it on the Haddock genes. :)