Sunday, January 20, 2008

Love Tag

Ok so drank way to much diet pepsi and can't sleep and trying to find something quite to do sooo it's a miracle but I'll do your love tag priscilla...if you read this you are supposed to answer the ?s next! I think its a fun way to get to know each other better.


How did you and your husband meet?


He came and sat down next to me at church. Funny thing is he had a friend with him who sat down next to me and
then he came and sat down in between us so he would be next to me.

What was the first thing he said to you?
He asked if he could sit by me....and then we really couldn't talk since
church started ...but he did pinch my arm during the prayer...really who does that!

When was your first date?
Well, we hung out all day and he invited me to break the fast dinner after church...but I wouldn't really call it a date.
as after we had hung out for a week Our first "real" date was when took me to Macaroni Grill...sorry can't really remember much. (terrible I know!)

When was your first kiss?
Well you'd think it would be sometime around the first date....but it was actually the first night after we had met...yeah it was still Sunday...He said I seduced him! Ha We had talked after church, gone to break the fast, gone swimming (ok not my normal Sunday activity but it was over 100 and ....yeah it was my first Sunday back to church in about ....well...a few months. we went roller blading and then he came over to my house to watch a movie...and then we kissed (I know long story but I don't' want you to think I just make out with everyone!)
How long was your date/engagement?
We met in June. He went back to Utah, I stayed in California. We visited each other about once a month. Broke up for a day. Got engaged in November and married in April...so Dated about 6 months.. engaged 4 months..give or take

When did he propose?
I drove out with my brother to visit him and meet his family for Thanksgiving. We showed up and his family wasn't home so we went to a movie (with my brother mind you!) On the way we stopped at the Logan temple to look at it. As we walked around he knelled down in the snow (I was freezing because I had taken a shower ..after traveling and hadn't dried my hair..hey I"m from cali what do you expect) and he proposed. Later I found out my brother was hiding in the bushes filming the whole thing...shaking since he was cold too.
I didn't meet his family until the next day since by the time we had gotten back to his parents house they were asleep and the next day he came in and asked his mom if she wanted to meet his fiance...I was so nervous..His dad didn't find out until after sacrament when he noticed my ring!


When did you get married?
April 6th 2001...and no it wasn't on that day because of the church stuff...(I'm terrible with what happened that day..?? I forgot..but everyone always asks if that's why we choose that weekend.) It was just the first weekend in April.
PS it rained the whole day (hence the umbrella pic) and we had to get married at 8 am!! Yes that is what happens when you ask your husband to call the temple and he waits till after you send out the invitations!!!!! And so you don't really have time to have someone do your hair when you have to be there at 630am!! Ohhh well it just got wet anyway!..




Where did you honeymoon?
We went to Lake Tahoe since Jeremy was in school and he didn't want to miss too much school. but we both agree if we could do it over again we would have splurged and went somewhere more exotic and exciting and not worry about school!!

Well thats about it..hope to hear your stories soon..Here are some pics of us going to San Fran when we were dating, the place where he proposed at the temple, and in the rain. ...and no I had never died my hair...that use to be my natural color..

4 comments:

bv said...

Amanda! I loved this post! It was fun to learn about you and tender to read the details of your love story!! The pictures made it even more perfect! I had to laugh at your last comment about our hair color. This was a great post!!!

{priscilla} said...

Yeah! You did it and it was fast too! What a cute story! It's always fun to learn about how your friends met their spouses. Love the umbrella pic too :)

Barb Yentes said...

cute. You had told me the story before so it was familiar but fun to read about. The umbrella pic is the best. what a beautiful background!

A.K.A. - Adam, Kasey, Ady said...

Well, I am actually surprised at how much of that I already knew. Cute blog for sure.