Thursday, May 6, 2010

half marathon

my friend Kelly convinced me to do a half marathon along the Sacramento river with her and some of her family. I kept giving myself excuses why there was no way I could find time to train with work and kids and life...but finally I just went for it. I did better then I thought but am now hooked to do another one to beat my time! and finish under 2 hours. We were laughing on the way home because she asked when I had time to do my long runs (10 miles) to practice. I told her I ran those two with you. She corrected me that they were only 8 miles!! I died WHAT! I had only practiced for this 13 mile race by running two 8's!!! lol lol. Ohhh well. I did it. I finished.. I hurt and could hardly walk for two days.. but yet would do it again. Thanks kelly for pushing me to run and finally start to like it . It has only taken 3 years!! to like running lol. (but thats shorter then learning to love to cook...jeremy is still waiting for that day to come)
Melissa's friend. Me. Kelly. her dad. Stacy. Garret. Caitlyn. Melissa. I forgot an after photo...thats probably a good thing.

11 comments:

Dink said...

Good work!!! That is great, it does get addicting trying to beat your times!! Too bad I wasn't in Sacramento then I would've come to watch (I was there 2 weekends ago)!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! What was your time? Mine was 2:08, I want to do another one in Fresno and get under two hours as well. NICE JOB!!! you look great :)

Kale and Rowdy said...

I'm so impressed! I can't even run a 1/4 of a mile at once. I've tried. It does seem like our kiddos would get along great, doesn't it? Someday, right?

Coombs Family said...

Good JOb! That's awesome! I am signing up to do 2 this year also. I hope I can make it under 6 hours. Hahaha!

Kathryn and Danny Lange said...

way to go!

Suzette said...

That is awesome Amanda! Marathon training is such a great way to stay in shape, and it shows on you! :)

Kevin and Heather said...

Good job! Tami and Amy want me to run one the end of August, I keep having excuses.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! That is so neat. One of my friends right now is actually trying to convince me to run the Top of Utah half marathon with her in August. I haven't committed yet, but I can feel my will breaking. She just won't give up. :)

feetee said...

Woot Woot!! Way to go! That's awesome!1 I'll have to start excersizing now!

The Galley's said...

Hey, you didn't tell me you were doing that, what the heck, I just talked to you like a week ago and you said you didn't run!! haha
Good job though, I'll run one with you, give me a date!

Clarissa Wilstead said...

Holy Cow, you told me you'd never run! I'm doing one in Laguna on Memorial Day, it's my first since having the baby. I loooooove, half marathons, perfect distance if you ask me. Good job!